Topic

Greasemonkey Scripts

I thought we could use a dedicated thread and directory for these - I wrote a couple and know of at least one more, but if anybody has written a script, I'd be happy to add it to the list.

If anybody isn't sure what Greasemonkey scripts are, they are basically code that runs on top of a website, enhancing it in some way.

---

Installation:

For Chrome or Opera, you don't have to do anything. Click the link to the script, and it will install.

For Firefox, you need to install the Greasemonkey extension and restart the browser, first - then click on the link to the script, and it will install it for you.

Both Safari and IE can't easily handle Greasemonkey scripts, so I'm not going to offer any advice right now.

---

Achievement Checker - 6/4 update courtesy ping - Install - Screenshot

When you view the list of achievements, all the ones you've already achieved will dim out, highlighting ones you need to work on.

Location Checker - by Lord Tweedmouth and me - Install - Screenshot

Likewise, when you view the list of locations, the places you've visited will gray out. Unlisted locations are added dynamically, which gives a more accurate idea of your progess.

Nearest Features - by Poh Boy - Install - Discussion Thread

Sometimes you need to find the nearest Mab shrine or nearest grocer - this script allows you to see at a glance (and click to set your destination) the nearest location that has the feature you need. Alternatively, Poh Boy has a version that doesn't require Greasemonkey on his website.

Skill Queuer - by ping - Homepage

Queues skills for automatic learning.

Glitch Favor Checker - by Lord Tweedmouth - Install

Adds info about the favor you've accumulated with each giant to the leaderboards page for quick access.

Posted 13 years ago by Dave Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Dave-Very awesome! You and Lord Tweedlemouth both. The Dalsan does show up fine. Probably did right after I posted before. What other locations are you missing? I still have the Rook Quest so I can post that in a bit. 
    Posted 13 years ago by Holly Waterfall Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for all the praise, guys!

Since the question has come up a couple times, I've changed both the Achievement Checker and Location Checker so Chrome will say it runs on "beta.glitch.com", rather than "all websites". Nothing about the scripts have changed, and it never ran on "all websites" to begin with - all that's changing is what Chrome will tell you when you install. You don't need to reinstall anything unless, maybe, you want a little peace of mind.

Also, RealJimBob - I will update the top post, of course. All the links up there have the most recent versions. The Location Checker script automatically pulls in the most recent version, though, so you don't need to install updates for that.
  • Dave, I've tried downloading your locations extension, but this is what I see when I open the extensions folder in Tools in Chrome.

i.imgur.com/MvRth.png

Nothing's happening.
    The other two scripts are fine
    Any thoughts on what I should do to make  the location checker operational?

Thank you btw for writing this in the first place.
    Posted 13 years ago by caley dunn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh! You've got a slightly older version installed - uninstall that one, and install the newer one. This newer one is the one that pulls down updates.

Here's a link, so you don't have to scroll all the way up again: dl.dropbox.com/u/7637957/lo...
  • To awesome script developers, do you take script requests please?

Something which gives  table of achievements (yes a table) similar to the one in wiki strategy, with remaining skills will be cool. The wiki table is very easy to navigate, because you cant sort it by name, unit, etc. Here is the link to the wiki achievement's table. http://www.glitch-strategy.com/wiki/Achievement#Table_of_Achievements. Example, one can figure out of they can stop squeezing chickens, or watering an egg tree.
    Posted 13 years ago by gia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • wow again...just got the updated version of location checker - just wow!!!  Thanks again Dave and all others who do this for us.
    Posted 13 years ago by Firestone1960 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dave, the location checker shows some areas as unvisited that clearly I have been to like

And so it begins... (1st beginning of life screen)
    Canyon Run (don't recognize this area)
    Eesti Life Catalog Page 17 (dust bunny quest)
    Fireflex 3000 Lab (firefly quest)
    Grab 'Em Good (this is the tree jumping quest, I think)
    The Next Step (2nd or 3rd screen)

Is this a tiny speck location db update issue?
    Posted 13 years ago by Smackem Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Smackem-I think that the checker does not have a way to notice when you've been there before it got added to the list. I had the same thing occur with a few of the new streets. I just went there again. No biggie!
    Posted 13 years ago by Holly Waterfall Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Never mind, I misunderstood and was referring to what is wrong with my checker.
    Posted 13 years ago by JW Subscriber! | Permalink
  • WOW! The updated checker is AMAZING!! If you don't have it installed, this is what you're missing out on: i.imgur.com/tKOy0.png !!!! :D
    Posted 13 years ago by Hburger Subscriber! | Permalink
  •  thanks Dave.. It's all a-ok now.
    Posted 13 years ago by caley dunn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Smackem - my most reasonable theory about this is that between the reset and now, they've changed the way these special streets work. I know of people who have gotten accounts since the reset who have these streets marked off.

I don't know how this affects the leaderboards.
  • Dave this update is AWESOME! I think that I might be in love with you.
    Posted 13 years ago by Mac Rapalicious Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The Devs changed something on the Achievements page and broke the Greasemonkey script - perhaps it was intentional, as the page now only shows achieved achievements, and not ones that can be yet achieved.

Shott shot at Knott, but Shott's shot did not shoot Knott.  Knott, not wanting to be shot, quickly shot at Shott's shot.  Knott's shot shot Shott's shot.  So, luckily, neither Knott nor Shott was shot.
    Posted 13 years ago by Yeoman Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @smackem...I have those same locations not crossed off on my list also...too bad we can't go back and do them again...I'm thinking we might just have to wait until the reset :(
    Posted 13 years ago by xopumpkinxo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I seem to have lost both scripts.  I have no updated locations, and no achieved achievements.  I am sad. :-(
    Posted 13 years ago by Cassandria Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Locations work for me, but I have lost achievements.
    Posted 13 years ago by GreyGoose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sorry - I will fix that soon, maybe today or tomorrow. I'm really busy these days because the film festival is starting here this week! I'll fit it in in my down time :)
  • Ditto to Rachel.  Locations work; achievements don't.
    Posted 13 years ago by knitmeapony Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks Dave----the awesomers tweaked a couple of food badges ysterday and that could have thrown off the achievement script. Not to worry. Film Festival sounds like fun! Have a great weekend!
    Posted 13 years ago by GreyGoose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @NathanG. Nathan ten thousand thank yous for your site and making the recent improvements :)  Few comments (you are totally welcome to hate me for this lol)

- Character name is blank if you are using the call where the name is obtained from Bio. I think the call should be to retrieve the name of the glitch.
    - Is it possible to open a new window for the glitch auction, when we click on buy option? That way we can still be on feedyourglutt page. This will be helpful if I want to buy multiple items. I get a new tab, I buy the item, close the tab; and still did not lose my glutt page.
    - Option to refresh the glutt info based on the updated glitch actions. Sometimes even after I buy the items and glitch auctions are out of them; glutt still shows them in the list.
  • Is it possible for any of our star API developers to create a Greasemonkey script that displays Giant favor?  Or is that not possible at this time?
    Posted 13 years ago by WindBorn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Windborn - If you mean total favor, I did that.  See the OP.
    If you mean current "spendable" favor, it's not possible yet.
    Posted 13 years ago by Lord Tweedmouth Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The Skill Queue script is by far the most useful. The Devs should take a page out of EVE Online's book and allow you to queue up skills very similarly to your script. Perhaps with a maximum of 3-5 skills queued at once.
    Posted 13 years ago by Bashere Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bump
    Posted 13 years ago by Divine~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Awwwwwesome!
    Posted 13 years ago by Incarnadine Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Amazing, thank you so much guys. :)
    Posted 13 years ago by nonpromqueen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Is there any way to install this the queue skills script IE ?
    Posted 13 years ago by ~Annie~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Do these scripts still work?  I am using Chrome and have installed them, but am unsure how to access and use them.  Any help is appreciated!
    Posted 13 years ago by Sayuri Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Smackem, a dev told me that at some point they started counting instances with the races...and thus people who did those quite early on didn't get them "counted" as being traveled to. I hope this is making some amount of sense to someone; I kind of get it...but I'm not sure I 100% get it. However, I suspect that is why those race and weird locales don't show up as visited in the location checker.

Just want to say again....THANK YOU to you guys. Great apps!
    Posted 13 years ago by RM Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @anne216 - you can try installing Greasemonkey for IE: http://www.gm4ie.com/ I've never tried it, and cannot vouch for it, though.

@Sayuri - These scripts do still work.  For the scripts other than the Skill Queuer, just download and install the scripts (see the instructions for that in the original post), and then go to the relevant page - i.e. for the location checker, go to the locations page.  The script should run automatically, though there should be a short delay while each of them loads the necessary data.   As for the Skill Queuer, just look at the instructions on it's homepage.
  • @ Lord Tweedmouth, I already have the greasemonkey for IE, but need to be able to get the script for skill queue, the ones for Chrome and FF won't work, tried them LOL.
    Posted 13 years ago by ~Annie~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for the script and help Lord Tweedmouth!
  • Achievement checker does not work anymore (mac chrome)
    Posted 13 years ago by Emmanuel Goldstein Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Achievement checker does not work anymore FF4 Win.

Leaderboard still works though
    Posted 13 years ago by DiB Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah, achievement checker stopped working for me overnight. On FF3 on Mac.
    Posted 13 years ago by karibean Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Achievenment checker isn't working for me either ~ Chrome Windows XP
  • Achievement checker not working on chrome on Windows.
  • Achievement checker not working on FF4 Win7 PC.
    Posted 13 years ago by Lellie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi folks, I did a hacky patch for the Achievement script that you can try until Dave fixes the script.
    It works for me on Chrome, and I assume that it should be the same for FF.

Install

Dave, hope you don't mind!
    Posted 13 years ago by ping Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I debugged and updated Dave's Acheivement script.   You can download the new one here:
    http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/103553.user.js
  • Oh, ha!  ping - you beat me to it by seconds.
  • :D
    Posted 13 years ago by ping Subscriber! | Permalink
  • RIght one! thks for the update =D
    Posted 13 years ago by Gomez Addams Subscriber! | Permalink
  • While I was at it, I made my update of the achievement script reorder the badges by topic, not alphabetically:

Install

I hope that's cool with you, Dave.
  • It is! Thank you for that, sorry I've been a lazy goat.

I'm surprised I didn't notice that the achievements are numbered in a sequence that makes sense. Good catch! It seems so obvious now :)
  • Thanks for the updates guys!  Was just gonna post about it.  You guys rock!!
    Posted 13 years ago by Pirate Apples Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bumping for visibility
    Posted 13 years ago by Pirate Apples Subscriber! | Permalink
  • thanks you guys :)
    Posted 13 years ago by greenkozi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • it looks like the devs have added the skills to the right side of the page, kind of like the script? or is that just that i have the script?

very cool, if they have!
    Posted 13 years ago by greenkozi Subscriber! | Permalink