Topic

Offer of help to get the Kindness of Strangers Badge

Good Morning fellow Glitches.  My name is FlatEarther, and I bring an offer that's too good to pass up.  I'm a member of the Civility group.  We're all about being, well, civil.  We enjoy working cooperatively to help ourselves and each other.  We believe there are no "losers" in Glitch.

The offer:  We've helped our members who are level 36 and above get the Kindness of Strangers badge.  We're branching out now to help you, yes you, the level 36 and above Glitch.  What do you do? You post in this forum with your user name, current level, and maybe something whimsical or geeky.
As posts come in I'll manage a list in the header post so you know you're on it, and we'll do the rest.  We'll pick a game day and we'll "img bomb" your street, interacting with everything that you have on it.  The next time you log in you should have a brand new Kindness of Strangers badge waiting for you.

The fine print:  None, we get the pleasure of helping, you get a hard to get badge.

Please read the last page to see who we are helping currently.

Who got it?

spotlightgirl karibean MissDirect Von B Asthner LadyUtena Juniparr MikkiO Lolly Lives Biff Beefbat WaxandFeathers Little Miss Giggles Alexabury Duck Bill Platty beBlueberry MoxieMolly Intrepia
Asperity Bellerophon Patricia Princess of Pink Melfra emdot attila the hun xLIFEx Miau Persephone Pear SarcasMage Jaxxed Branfowl ~Scilly~ Ferozstein LinkHyliadz Lechat AHill Zoi TimeLord Glondor Glitch Sk8r Dave babi Boaz Jachin Charlie the Awesome Evadrepus Terramere Dru Id kat65
Porcelain Lyhzz fuzzbuzz lorgle JarkWoman Misty Dawn hatis lazulisong merry Vastra knitmeapony
Vera Strange Catatafish Lexus Gaalen Miss Lillith Drykern MsAvatar natsumi Idalia Dahlia Mokta
Lady Door KatyaR MsMunchken Skarlet Lelaine Ac0rn Chicalet Lei.Lei Maeberry Averill Tradescantia Gloopy Zeezah Leelou img BFF Morgan Kay drimble wedge emilsha snygyst tibbi
Lellie Lucille Ball elka docta skeksi SaSa Jack Trucker Dave Larch arianna Nefer Nefer Meezly
Rushlight Snorriruff Davon Caymanator welshcorgi !$Harrumph$! Saturnese Minkey darthfluffle
RoboRock Unrund Simius DJ Tanner jalandy Coffeemate m4 adventure kitty hmph Darling Violeta
Lunabella Classical Trickydisco Talaria Wingfoot Gadzooks Gupfee caley dunn Mal'akh Rutger
Kookaburra Leites Lady Moosebay bayBi Zebedy Zenitha Couper Pepperdragon max_champlin Chelyria Gruff McGruff bleppo Moz art Smashley Miki Takahashi

Edit 10/25/12 11a Back from vaca (it was a blast, hello Devil's Tower!), Taztaboo is going to continue managing this because she has awesome to spare!
Edit 10/30/12 Changed format of list so you don't have to scroll down so far. :)

Posted 12 years ago by FlatEarther Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
  • "My observations today have resulted in 3090 iMG."

Thanks all that bombed me! You are awesome! :)
    Posted 12 years ago by jalandy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Lunabella and Classical have both been added to the list, looking forward to visiting you both :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Taztaboo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That is great to hear DJ Tanner and jalandy! And thank you both for sharing your streets with us :D
  • 12th of Candy iMG bombs:

Coffeemate - www.glitch.com/locations/LH...

adventure kitty - www.glitch.com/locations/LH...

Bombs away :)
  • 13th of Candy iMG bombs:

Trickydisco - www.glitch.com/locations/LH...

m4 - www.glitch.com/locations/LH...

Enjoy :D
  • Thanks, all! Blew it out of the water with 5266 iMG!
    Posted 12 years ago by Coffeemate Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow!!!! That is awesome, Coffeemate :D Very glad to hear.
  • I've just reached level 36! Could I be added to the list? :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Hmph Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You sure can, Hmph! We'll be bombing you soon :D
  • I am level 45 and would also love to be added to the list! :))
    I just found this thread yesterday and have been img bombing the streets when I'm online.. it's fun to help ;p
    Posted 12 years ago by Darling Violetta Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you Darling Violetta for helping! It is greatly appreciated by everyone :) Your street has been added to the bombing list :D
  • "My observations today have resulted in 5490 iMG."
    Thank you everybody who visited.
    Posted 12 years ago by m4 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh my word, that's awesome, m4!! Great to hear :D
  • 1st of Fever

Lunabella - www.glitch.com/locations/LH...

Classical - www.glitch.com/locations/LH...

Bombs away!! And as always, have fun :D
  • Thank you all so much! 2503 img :)
    Posted 12 years ago by adventure kitty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • 2nd of Fever

Hmph - www.glitch.com/locations/LH...

Darling Violetta - www.glitch.com/locations/LH...

I know I wasn't on last game day to give iMG bomb reminders due to family issues. I really hope that things went well. If not, we will try again. :) 
  • Awesome, adventure kitty! Glad we could help :D
  • FYI: Since m4 and myself have both been rewarded with 5490 iMG, and we're both level 60, it seems that 5490 is the cap for this quest.
    Posted 12 years ago by Dead Sk8r Dave Subscriber! | Permalink
  • 2610 img! Thank you everyone!!!
    Posted 12 years ago by Hmph Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks Sk8r Dave :) 
  • My observations today have resulted in 3554 iMG :D YAY!!
    Thank you SO much you all!!! Much appreciated!
    Posted 12 years ago by Darling Violetta Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Woohoo!! That is awesome to hear  Hmph and Darling Violetta :D Glad we could help!
  • At this point, I have no one on the list for bombing :( So unless someone didn't get their badge and needs a re-try or if glitchens started requesting, I'm not sure what to do tomorrow lol. If you are at least level 36 and need the Kindness of Strangers badge.....or know someone who does......then let us know and we'll add you to the list! :D
  • I got pretty well bombed (thanks everyone!), but it wasn't enough to hit the badge, sadly!
    Posted 12 years ago by Classical Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi, I'm a low level but would still love to help do the bombings at least, even though I can't be bombed yet :)
    Posted 12 years ago by IcePrincess Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sorry to hear that Classical, but I'm not surprised unfortunately. :( Usually, I would have been on at the beginning of New Day and would have been posting the links in our Civility chat to remind and direct, but due to family issues I was only able to post the links in the forum. So many of the regulars that bomb during the normal times were unaware of who to bomb. We will definitely try again and I'm sure that this time you'll get it for sure! :D Thanks for being so understanding :)

*IcePrincess, it's great that you want to help! And when you hit 36, don't forget to let us know :D
  • @ Taztaboo

My name still shows as "waiting to see" but I've got my badge many many days ago and did come here to thank you and let you know... Just FYI :D If you wanna update!
    Posted 12 years ago by elka Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Classical and Lunabella are back on the list since neither of them got the badges for their day :( But that's ok, we'll try again and I'm sure we'll get it next time!
  • Thank you elka! FlatEarther is not back yet and so hasn't been able to update the list up top, but I really appreciate that you are letting us know again that you did get it. I'll make sure to double check the other names that still say "waiting to see" and I will let FE know :D
  • 7th of Fever iMG bombs:

Classical - www.glitch.com/locations/LH...

Lunabella - www.glitch.com/locations/LH...

Neither of these two got their badges yesterday, so we'll try again and I'm sure they'll get it this time :) Bombs away and have fun :D
  • Just in case I can't be on at the beginning of the next new day, the next iMG bomb will be on Civility member Talaria Wingfoot :D

http://www.glitch.com/locations/LHVIQPTAJ1V2P91/?visited=1

Thank you and as always, have fun!
  • 2970 !!! Thanks for helping me get the badge! Could not have done it without you! You all are awesome! <3
    Posted 12 years ago by Lunabella Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Awesome, Lunabella! That's great to hear :D 
  • I'd love to have help getting this badge! I'm level 36 :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Pepperdragon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Did it!  With 2610 iMG!  Thanks so much guys!! :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Classical Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Awesome Classical! Glad to help :)

Pepperdragon, I have added you to the list and  we will be doing you right now in fact lol.

http://www.glitch.com/locations/LHVNFGREG4V2NU7/?visited=1

Decided to do an extra one tonight because Civility members were asking for it :D
  • You guys are stupendous! Kindness of strangers badge in the bag!!! And thank you for injecting some life in my street with the wonderful chickens...

An utterly wonderful community - long may it continue. x
    Posted 12 years ago by Trickydisco Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you so much for your wonderful comments, Trickydisco. We're glad to have helped and we always have fun doing it :)
  • Our list is empty! We have no one to "bomb" :( If you are at least level 36 and still need the KoS badge, let us know and we'll be happy to help out :D 
  • Oh my goodness! What will I do when I get home and there are no iMG bombing to do? :) It was such a fun way to find new streets.
    Posted 12 years ago by ricepapergirl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A heartfelt thank you to all who visited my street yesterday. It was a thrill to log in last night and get the message that I now have the Kindness of Strangers badge.  Civility rocks!  
    Posted 12 years ago by Talaria Wingfoot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Spreading the word, I am not sure how many people see it though. Has everyone got this badge? (that would be mindblowingly awesome!)
    Posted 12 years ago by natsumi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you natsumi for alerting me to this!  I would love to be IMB bombed on my street. :) I am level 38.  Please let me know when you're coming and I'll make sure my butler Carson has plenty of gifts to hand out too!

How do I join Civility? I'd love to help out!
    Posted 12 years ago by Gupfee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would be honoured to be bombed. Level 52.
    Posted 12 years ago by caley dunn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hey I would love to be bombed... but later not now. In the meanwhile, I would love to help bombing... 
    Posted 12 years ago by mickey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • add me please :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Gadzooks Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bomb me too, please!   :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Leites Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was so excited to log on a few minutes ago and see so many responses :) Ricepapergirl, I agree completely, I've made many new friends while doing this.

natsumi, thank you so much for helping spread the word, not everybody checks the forum, so that is a great way to let people know about it.

Gupfee, I'm thrilled to add you to the list and if you want to join Civility, we are more than happy to have you. Check out this link to join: http://www.glitch.com/groups/RDOBRGEET2V25P2

caley dunn and Gadzooks, I have also added you to the list :D See you soon!

mickey, thank you for your offer of help! It is greatly appreciated. You can check here every day for the iMG bombs links. We usually do two a game day, for two game days a real life day. Hopefully that made sense lol. Let us know when you are ready to be bombed!
  • Leites, happy to add you! 
  • Me me! Bomb meeeee! :D

(Level 37)
    Posted 12 years ago by Rutger Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13