Topic

Offer of help to get the Kindness of Strangers Badge

Good Morning fellow Glitches.  My name is FlatEarther, and I bring an offer that's too good to pass up.  I'm a member of the Civility group.  We're all about being, well, civil.  We enjoy working cooperatively to help ourselves and each other.  We believe there are no "losers" in Glitch.

The offer:  We've helped our members who are level 36 and above get the Kindness of Strangers badge.  We're branching out now to help you, yes you, the level 36 and above Glitch.  What do you do? You post in this forum with your user name, current level, and maybe something whimsical or geeky.
As posts come in I'll manage a list in the header post so you know you're on it, and we'll do the rest.  We'll pick a game day and we'll "img bomb" your street, interacting with everything that you have on it.  The next time you log in you should have a brand new Kindness of Strangers badge waiting for you.

The fine print:  None, we get the pleasure of helping, you get a hard to get badge.

Please read the last page to see who we are helping currently.

Who got it?

spotlightgirl karibean MissDirect Von B Asthner LadyUtena Juniparr MikkiO Lolly Lives Biff Beefbat WaxandFeathers Little Miss Giggles Alexabury Duck Bill Platty beBlueberry MoxieMolly Intrepia
Asperity Bellerophon Patricia Princess of Pink Melfra emdot attila the hun xLIFEx Miau Persephone Pear SarcasMage Jaxxed Branfowl ~Scilly~ Ferozstein LinkHyliadz Lechat AHill Zoi TimeLord Glondor Glitch Sk8r Dave babi Boaz Jachin Charlie the Awesome Evadrepus Terramere Dru Id kat65
Porcelain Lyhzz fuzzbuzz lorgle JarkWoman Misty Dawn hatis lazulisong merry Vastra knitmeapony
Vera Strange Catatafish Lexus Gaalen Miss Lillith Drykern MsAvatar natsumi Idalia Dahlia Mokta
Lady Door KatyaR MsMunchken Skarlet Lelaine Ac0rn Chicalet Lei.Lei Maeberry Averill Tradescantia Gloopy Zeezah Leelou img BFF Morgan Kay drimble wedge emilsha snygyst tibbi
Lellie Lucille Ball elka docta skeksi SaSa Jack Trucker Dave Larch arianna Nefer Nefer Meezly
Rushlight Snorriruff Davon Caymanator welshcorgi !$Harrumph$! Saturnese Minkey darthfluffle
RoboRock Unrund Simius DJ Tanner jalandy Coffeemate m4 adventure kitty hmph Darling Violeta
Lunabella Classical Trickydisco Talaria Wingfoot Gadzooks Gupfee caley dunn Mal'akh Rutger
Kookaburra Leites Lady Moosebay bayBi Zebedy Zenitha Couper Pepperdragon max_champlin Chelyria Gruff McGruff bleppo Moz art Smashley Miki Takahashi

Edit 10/25/12 11a Back from vaca (it was a blast, hello Devil's Tower!), Taztaboo is going to continue managing this because she has awesome to spare!
Edit 10/30/12 Changed format of list so you don't have to scroll down so far. :)

Posted 12 years ago by FlatEarther Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13
  • Woo Hooo!  I got the badge with 3950!!!  AWESOME job all of you. Thank you - thank you!
    Posted 12 years ago by MzMunchken Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Congrats to all who are reporting in that they have it. 

Chicalet - img bomb 5th of Bruise www.glitch.com/locations/LH...
    Lei.Lei - img bomb 5th of Bruise  www.glitch.com/locations/LH...
  • Thank you!

"Magic Rock  My observations today have resulted in 3450 iMG. Remember: the more stuff visitors do on your home street, the more you’ll earn.
    Enough mining, whistling, harvesting, scooping was done on your home street to net you 2503 iMG *and* this badge. There you go! You really CAN depend on the kindness of strangers."
    Posted 12 years ago by Idalia Dahlia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • current glitches we are working on: did my part :)

Chicalet - img bomb 5th of Bruise http://www.glitch.com/locations/LHVM8OQBJ1V2TQ1/

Lei.Lei - img bomb 5th of Bruise  http://www.glitch.com/locations/LHV792BR03V2U06/
    Posted 12 years ago by Chanteusse Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ooooh. This was fun! After 9 days of not being able to login, I finally manage to, and find that I've been IMG-bombed and got the achievement. What a happy surprise!
    (and then the game crashed on me again, and once more, refused to reload properly)

Thanks you so much, everyone! <3 <3 <3
    Posted 12 years ago by Lady Door Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh my Giants!!! You people rock!
    I got the badge thanks to all your Img Bombing!

Magic Rock  My observations today have resulted in 3570 iMG. Remember: the more stuff visitors do on your home street, the more you’ll earn.

Enough mining, whistling, harvesting, scooping was done on your home street to net you 2503 iMG *and* this badge. There you go! You really CAN depend on the kindness of strangers.
    Thank you thank you and thank you again!!
    Posted 12 years ago by Chicalet Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Congrats Lady Door and Chicalet!

We're moving on to

Averill - img bomb 6th of Bruise www.glitch.com/locations/LH...
    Tradescantia - img bomb 6th of Bruise www.glitch.com/locations/LH...
  • i'm ready. Bombs away please!
    Posted 12 years ago by Meezley Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is such an excellent thread! :)

I just reached level 36. My trees would love some petting, and my rocks really ought to be taken down a few pegs!
    Posted 12 years ago by Rushlight Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow! Thank you everyone who helped with the task of visiting my street! I got my badge, you are all fantastic.
    From a very hapy Ac0rn.
    :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Ac0rn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am Snorriruff
    Freshly level forty three
    Welcome to my street
    Posted 12 years ago by Snorriruff Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Got the Badge. Thank you to all who helped! I love you :)
    Posted 12 years ago by ◘ ▪ Leï.Leï ▪ ◘ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • YAY.  Got the badge, with 2730 img.  Thank you so much to all who were kind :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Tradescantia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Congrats all!  Here are the new ones for today:

Gloopy  - img bomb 11th of Bruise  www.glitch.com/locations/LH...
    Zeezah Leelou img - bomb 11th of Bruise www.glitch.com/locations/LH...
  • BFF Morgan Kay - img bomb 12th of Bruise www.glitch.com/locations/LH...
    drimble wedge - img bomb 12th of Bruise www.glitch.com/locations/LH...
  • Thank you all so much!!! Got the badge with 4290img! Hope my gnomes were nice with you :)
    Morgan <3
    Posted 12 years ago by Miyoko Magic in SL Subscriber! | Permalink
  • YAY! got the badge with 3210 img!! thanks guys! you're all wonderful!!!!
    Posted 12 years ago by Zeezah Leelou Subscriber! | Permalink
  • you guys are the absolute best!! got the badge and thank you all so very much!!
    Posted 12 years ago by drimble wedge Subscriber! | Permalink
  • 3330 img today! You are all AWESOME! Thank you so much!
    Posted 12 years ago by Averill Subscriber! | Permalink
  • emilsha - img bomb 17th of Bruise  www.glitch.com/locations/LH...
    snygyst - img bomb 17th of Bruise  www.glitch.com/locations/LH...
  • Hey, thanks guys, I got the badge with 3456 iMG. Very grateful.
    Posted 12 years ago by snygyst Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Looks like I was IMG bombed when I wasn't looking.  Kindness of Strangers Badge obtained with 3676 img.

Thanks so much everyone who helped.

Who's next! :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Tibbi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Got it . without being "bombed" .. thanks to all who participated!
    Posted 12 years ago by Lellie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hey, i need some help with the Kindness of Strangers Badge :)

Posted 12 years ago by ♥ Love you Glitch ♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd like to get on your list also.... I'm lvl 36....
    Posted 12 years ago by Caymanator Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi, Level 19 here - is it possible to add me to the list?
    Posted 12 years ago by Wedwo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • As stated in the original post, you have to be at least level 36 to be able to get enough img to get the last badge.

Maybe someone will start threads for the previous badges for the lower levels.
    Posted 12 years ago by Tibbi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would love to have this badge @ Level 40. Will follow this thread and help when I am in Ur. Thanks!
    Posted 12 years ago by welshcorgi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Um, please excuse bold! Having some fine motor problems since car accident. That's why I haven't been typing much :)
    Posted 12 years ago by welshcorgi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Can one of you guys take a peek at my street and make sure I have enough resources in place for this? If not I'll add more!
    Posted 12 years ago by The Docta Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Any chance I could get some help? I posted earlier in this thread but my name doesn't seem to be added to the list. I'm level 38. Do I have to join the Civility group?
    Posted 12 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi Tibbi.  My bad on not adding you to the list when you posted.  I put you at the front of the list for 29th of Bruise.  No one has to join Civility, I just messed up. :-)

Lucille Ball  www.glitch.com/locations/LH...
    elka www.glitch.com/locations/LH...

Skeski, you've got plenty for us to work with, thanks for asking!
  • Yay, got it!  Just barely, with 2541 iMG... thanks everyone who visited!
    Posted 12 years ago by emilisha Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks!!!  Got it with 2850.  I really appreciate the help.
    Posted 12 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would very much like this!!

Should I fence in my piggies and chickens?  They wander freely but I know some street visitors don't  like that. Just let me know:)

Thank you for offering!!!

:)
    Posted 12 years ago by Minkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • docta skeksi - img bomb bruise 30
    SaSa Jack - img bomb bruise 30
  • Guys, thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much! It's weird because there's been drama recently with all the Feats and all and I was planning to leave for a few weeks taking a break, but I decided to log back in one last time before, and BAM!!

"Magic Rock My observations today have resulted in 3210 iMG. Remember: the more stuff visitors do on your home street, the more you’ll earn. Enough mining, whistling, harvesting, scooping was done on your home street to net you 2503 iMG *and* this badge. There you go! You really CAN depend on the kindness of strangers."

You nailed it SO much, I cannot thank you enough, it was a great surprise and now I am all like AWWWWWWWWWWWWW lol and I'll play a little bit.

Thank you thank you thank you for your precious time and efforts, well appreciated
    Posted 12 years ago by elka Subscriber! | Permalink
  • stay and play!
    Posted 12 years ago by Minkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just hit level 36 and I would love to be added to the list! ^_^
    Posted 12 years ago by Saturnese Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Got it at 5010 img. Thank you very much :)
    Posted 12 years ago by SaSa Jack Subscriber! | Permalink
  • DJ Tanner, level 38
    I work in talk radio (behind the scenes, like Roz in "Frasier") & this game makes work go by so much faster...

I'd love to get img-bombed, and to find more people to img-bomb.
    Posted 12 years ago by DJ Tanner Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Trucker Dave - img bomb Bruise 35 www.glitch.com/locations/LH...
    Larch - img bomb Bruise 35 www.glitch.com/locations/LH...

Thanks to all the glitches Civility and otherwise who are helping out with this!
  • I am only lv 24. halp much appreciated
    Posted 12 years ago by UD98 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Level 55..not yet got this badge...sadly i get so few visitors.. Wud really like some help in getting this badge..many thanks
    Posted 12 years ago by !$Harrump$! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • UD98, please post to this thread again once you reach level 36; at that point you can be added to the list.  Until you are level 36, you can't earn enough iMG in one gameday to get the badge.
    Posted 12 years ago by Eleanor Rigby Subscriber! | Permalink
  • 36th of Bruise img bomb

Ariaana www.glitch.com/locations/LH...
    Nefer MNefer www.glitch.com/locations/LH...
  • I got it! Thank you guys, this is fun! I'm going to keep visiting different streets!
    Posted 12 years ago by Trucker Dave Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Great to hear!

Starting now your KoS contact is Civility member Taztaboo.  I'll be afk through the 22nd.  Enjoy the feats and happy glitching all!
  • I just signed in right now and got the badge with 2730 img. Thank you guys!!
    Posted 12 years ago by Ariaana Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Got it - 2610 img - woot! Thank you so much everyone and thank you for this tread:-)
    Posted 12 years ago by Nefer Nefer Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13