Topic

Staff Topic

R2: Preview of even more house features

It's that's time again - Release 2 of houses is upon us!

It will take a while to roll out the changes to everyone - you can leave your house and then type "/home" to be immediately migrated

To see the new features, reload your game client and visit your house (by typing "/home" in chat). The first thing you'll see is that there are no trees or rocks outside your house any more. But worry not - you can add some yourself with "cultivation". Click on the small sign next to your house to get a menu of options. Once you've mastered cultivation, you can try expanding your street and then changing your house exterior. You can also change the style of your home street. Sick of Groddle? Move to Uralia, Firebog or even THE MOON.

That's awesome, right? Wrong! There's more awesome stuff inside. Head to your backyard to switch styles, cultivate the land or expand your yard. Want to make your house interior bigger? Ok! When in decoration mode, click the buttons in the top bar to extend your house or add new floors.

There are a lot of moving parts in this release - we want to hear about bugs, what you like, what you don't like, areas we should expand on or improve and what you think we need to add. Go forth and test!

___
Questions? Please be sure to read this notes:

Note 1: All upgrades and expansions are free at the moment. This is only a test. There will be a housing reset before it is fully launched.

Note 2: If you missed preview release 1, read about it first!

Note 3: You can't move or delete gardens, rocks, etc., after placing them in cultivation mode. But, you will be able to do in the future.

Note 4: Are you missing some items? No, you are not. They are still there. In some cases, if things were placed near the edge of your yard or home street, you might have to expand a few times to reveal them.

Note 5: We are still testing and this is not the final release. There is more to come.

Note 6: Expansions to your land (yard or home street) happen one at a time. This may seem annoying/cumbersome/slow, but: you are testing as a higher level player when it is all free. If you were earning your way to a larger space over time, it would not seem thus because you wouldn't be doing them all at once.

Note 7: Can't find the upgrade (home-shaped) sign in by the back and front doors of your house. You probably have stuff on top of it. Pick that stuff up :)

Posted 12 years ago by Bees! Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15 16
  • " we do have to find ways to reward people that help us pay the bills!"

I for one like being rewarded in this way.

:: sits and lets herself get petted like a puppy ::  
    ◕ ‿ ◕ 
    Posted 12 years ago by ♪♥~ Auren ~♥♪ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Handstand...Backflip...thank you for the new home music..ahhhhhh! As for all the rest, crazy good!
    Posted 12 years ago by Priscilla Parsley Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Tiny aesthetic blip: applying a wainscoting style to the far left wall gives a lovely molded edging around the door to the back yard, but the same doesn't happen for the door in the far right wall.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sirentist Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Having a lot of fun with the release so far. Adding my name to the list of people who would love interior windows. And I also think having some kind of grid might be helpful, especially with shelves on walls. On the other hand, it is also nice to have a lot of freedom in positioning!

I would love it if in addition to switching the various exterior features of the house, you could turn some of them off (or select "none") -- like, opt to not have a "decoration" on the house of orient, or no chimney on the groddle cottage. Anywho, cheers overall, and I look forward to seeing the further developments and bugs getting ironed out! :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Touya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "I would love it if in addition to switching the various exterior features of the house, you could turn some of them off" - good idea!
  • Since no one else has mentioned it yet, can I just say that I love the "Random" button! It was a great way to see all of the crazy cool options that we now have to play with in just the few minutes I had in game. 
    Thank you!

And thanks for all your hard work, TS! 
    Posted 12 years ago by Squiggle-Squee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "I love the "Random" button!" - it's great! i played with it for aaaages :D
  • Well it is time for sleep and I am pleasantly tired out from all the expanding, option choosing and placing of resources.

Awesome first day of R2. And great job Bees of answering questions. You rock!
    Posted 12 years ago by Tibbi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm not in glitch at the moment as I just woke up so I dont no anything that's going on but is there sort of a wonderland/winter themed background as santa had to have winter :P
    Posted 12 years ago by Santa Clause Subscriber! | Permalink
  • One question: Will we always have to look at the glaring blue "lifespan" bars?  Kinda mars the lovely landscapes. :(   Maybe we could see them on a mouse over?

Not that I'm any less than head over heels in any case :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Princess Fi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My piggies are stuck on the steps of my house. Is there a way besides capturing them and then dropping them back on the ground, to get them to move?
    Posted 12 years ago by SnarkyPie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • awesome brilliant work dear devs:)) i'll sure play in The Glitch for a very, very long time!! so many beatiful things! oh! just brilliant!!

i don't know if it's a bug or a feature, but i can't seem to keep the customizations of the house. i save one, then i change for another style, and the first gets reseted. then i have to do it all over again. is it possible to save the customizations? (EDIT: the first just goes away after i save the second, not only if i change style.)

i've expanded the house till the limit and it seems so big now!! lol i don't know what i'll want or be able to do in the future, but have you ever considered to make, for example, one room in the first floor and two in the second? so it can be reeeally organized by items themes?

oh and a bounce! yeah a bounce in the moon style? will it be possible? will it be hard to create a project to get a bounce? i promiss i will keep going to the mather moon, but i would really love to have a bounce in my street or backyard:) please, pretty please:))

(((you))) amaze me!! 
    Posted 12 years ago by mira gaia maia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Princess Fi, those are only visible when you are in Cultivate mode.  They go away in regular play mode.
    Posted 12 years ago by WindBorn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Idea/Complaint     -    Attic Space in 2-story house

To Whom It May Concern (aka Bees!),

It seems like the viewable attic space decreases once you upgrade your house to 2 stories. I found it very useful to store certain bags or empty bags in my attic in the new housing, but right now the viewable area is extremely small, and its a little frustrating that the overlay of the Map and the Magic Rock are often in the way. Also, its much harder to glance and see whats up there. I hope you all will consider preserving the same attic height, regardless of the number of floors. Gracias.
    Posted 12 years ago by Haze Subscriber! | Permalink
  • this is GREAT! 

I just started to test but I noticed something: It seems that when you removed my herb garden, my butterfly milker, which was standing next to it, was removed as well?!
    Posted 12 years ago by Calathiel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Kitty LaRoux, re "My piggies are stuck on the steps of my house. Is there a way besides capturing them and then dropping them back on the ground, to get them to move?"

For now, no. But, we'll get this fixed. If it is driving you crazy, you can switch house styles for a while till they unstick :)
    Posted 12 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh, I had to expand my yard to find it again...
    Posted 12 years ago by Calathiel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Stoot and all Devs this is so AWESOME !!!!!!! you have out done yourself's :)
    Posted 12 years ago by 2020smoke Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "Will we always have to look at the glaring blue "lifespan" bars?" - only when you're in cultivation mode! hit escape or click the "x" in the top bar to get out of it.

"i don't know if it's a bug or a feature, but i can't seem to keep the customizations of the house. i save one, then i change for another style, and the first gets reseted. then i have to do it all over again" - yeah, we don't save the old config currently

"but have you ever considered to make, for example, one room in the first floor and two in the second?" - yes. the ability to split floors into multiple rooms is planned

"a bounce in the moon style? will it be possible?" - i hope so! that'd be cool

"Attic Space in 2-story house" - we've not decided what's happening with attics. they were sort of accidental in R1 to make the houses always be a certain minimum height. we'll see

"my butterfly milker, which was standing next to it, was removed as well?!" - it's probably still there if you expand the street (just hidden off-screen right now)
  • 2020smoke: It's all Bees! Well, it's mostly Eric, really. And, Myles. And Brent, Kristel, May, Justin, Brad, Lillian, Scott, Ryan, Lisa, Ian, Fernando, Mart and I'm probably missing a few people, even. Barely me at all.
  • OMG.  Horrible, horrible problem!  My friend has a 'ceiling decoration' available and I cannot find one in my inventory at all.  MY HOUSE IS DISCO BALL-LESS.   TERRIBLE TRAGEDY!  Pls send help!

(more seriously, I really cannot find it anywhere. I'm making myself nuts here.)
    Posted 12 years ago by Teamouse Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "I cannot find one in my inventory" - try the "all" category. it's not correctly labelled at the moment
  • Bees!  YOU ARE MY HERO.  :D

I have a disco ball; my life is complete.
    Posted 12 years ago by Teamouse Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Will there be street styles for purchase with credits, besides the sub only ones? Please say yes :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Syrup Subscriber! | Permalink
  • awww :( i wamnted a wonderland/winter themed background oh well great job anyway
    Posted 12 years ago by Santa Clause Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you Tiny Speck for giving us the bog houses we've been begging for. I'm completely thrilled with my home & street and I can't wait to see how things develop from here. One thing I would like to see (hear) change is the music. The Groddle music really messes with my deep bog vibe. Could we have coordinating music with our street styles? For now, I'm making do with the Lost Woods music, which is gorgeous, and luckily sticks after switching to & from that style.
    Posted 12 years ago by Aleph Zero Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Syrup: we're not planning to

Santa Clause: we might add one! we'll be adding more
  • A few suggestions: 

Outside House: When choosing the outside look of our house it would be great if we could have a visual of all the different options instead of cycling through them all.  Sort of furniture upgrading style.  I found it really hard to compare which ones i wanted (since i was looking for a dark this and light that and some styles are so similar i honestly couldn't tell if i was a repeat or not sometimes).  It would just us get straight to the options that best suit what we have in mind. 

Indoor decorating: I know this has been mentioned before but having to pay for things in order to see them together will be a problem once out of the free trial phase.  Having a wardrobe style system where you can add and subtract many things from a cart and make a final purchase at check out would a good solution.  (Also would be great for the outdoor house mentioned above if individual options will cost money)

Street/backyard styles:  There seem to be many Groddle Forest like options that honestly seem like the same thing once chosen.  Maybe just add a few prominent key details to make them more distinguishable?

Decoration placement: I think we should be able to put small things (like wall lamps) on the side walls at either end of our house (and on future indoor walls).  ALSO i think that icons should be able to be placed during decoration mode and allowed to be placed at different levels on the floor (foreground and background).  I would like to be able to be place icons at the very front of the floor (like floor decorations) instead of at the same mid level as all other things we generally drop from our bags. 

This roll out has been AMAZING!  I've been having so much fun.  All the staff are doing an amazing job and i'm just so happy to be a par of it.  Just want to say a big THANK YOU!!!!
    Posted 12 years ago by Coconut Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "One thing I would like to see (hear) change is the music." - we might add this as an option :)
  • +1 Coconut

Especially the awesomeness of TS part. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Morena Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That totally gave me an excuse to play around more with the house styles. :) Thank you for the creative solution!
    Posted 12 years ago by SnarkyPie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Items dropping from 2nd floor to 1st floor in decoration mode

I just wanted to say I had a little bit of frustration when I was moving things around the 2nd floor. I had stuff fall to the 1st floor about seven times on accident. I realize that if you place items below a certain point, they fall to the first floor, but it seemed overly sensitive.

When I was moving around bags that used to be in my attic, it seemed like if I moved them to the left and right, but dropped just a few pixels, it would fall between floors. I also had a tough time placing an end table that I was trying to place low.

I don't know if you can add a bigger deadzone for floor drops, or just a visual notifier that it will drop, but right now it's a little tricky.
    Posted 12 years ago by Haze Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "I think we should be able to put small things (like wall lamps) on the side walls at either end of our house (and on future indoor walls)" - yeah, that's be good
  • "I don't know if you can add a bigger deadzone for floor drops, or just a visual notifier that it will drop, but right now it's a little tricky." - we know! we'll figure something out
  • I just cannot express how awesome this is.. really!!!!!!!!!!

Ms. Kitty LaRoux, the "piggies on my doorstep" thing happened to me also (pretty funny, really)..

http://www.glitch.com/snaps/PCRGJCBV0GV1ERJ/1584-7eb233447a/sizes/o/

I had a piggie stick nearby.  When I moved it.. the piggies moved along also.  Hope this helps :)

Oh.. and thank you Bees! about the blue bars.. sometimes I just feel so dumb. :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Princess Fi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • One more suggestion!  Can the garden plots be placed slightly higher? I have a bunch of stuff in front of one and its all but hidden.  If it was a bit higher (further back) i'd be able to see everything at once! 
    Posted 12 years ago by Coconut Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have a shelf with 20-30 emblems on it, and if I walk past that spot, there seems to be a problem with background. Backround changes and fizzles. Don't know if this is a known issue. Seems a graphic problem to me.
    Posted 12 years ago by Louis Louisson Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Will we be able to add platforms/various levels to our yards and streets? I'm sure it's waaay in the future if so, but it'd be cool to be able to "multilevel" our landscapes at some point.
    Posted 12 years ago by Djabriil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Love the new changes and having fun playing around with it. I see changing music may be an option later, If not, perhaps at least the ability to turn off the Groodle music (in the bog house!) without having to mute speakers and lose other sounds. Other than that, my compliments to all the hard working TS folks.
    Posted 12 years ago by Leelah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • you make me feel like dancing! turutururu, you make me feel like dancing:)) giant thank you for all amazing things that this team creates!:))
    Posted 12 years ago by mira gaia maia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A lot of work has gone into this and I appreciate it but I am not a happy camper at the moment.  I know it is a test though and some things will change which is good.

I have a few issues with new changes.  Some of these have most likely been answered so there is no reason to reply to any of these really.  I just want you to know my issues and opinions.

1.  Vendor prices have risen and payouts have diminished.  This is a BIG problem for me.  Upgrading, decorating, expanding my house is going to cost a great deal even to get what I had in my old house.  My purse is relatively small.  It has taken me about 7 months to get what I have and what with the new stuff and Tithing I may have to "work" in the mines and bogs for real hours every day just to maintain my current lifestyle

2.  Dropped items on the upper floor keep falling to the lower floor and out of sight.  I am tired of going down to retrieve or "delete" them.

3.  My beautiful steel counter on the first floor turned to wood when I added a different counter on the second floor.  The steel counter is no longer an option.

4.  I had to expand my front yard twice just to be able to add one patch.  There was room for a patch and I had a tree there before.  This is annoying now and will be very annoying if, in the future, I have to pay for 2 expansions just to get a patch.  The same goes for the back yard.

5.  A suggestion:  I'd love to maybe have Tabs for the furniture the way there are for wallpaper/floor/ceiling.  I have a terrible time finding anything.  Some items are limited apparently but all are jumbled so that there is a chair, two sofas, a ceiling light, a chair, a bed, a counter, a bed, etc.  I spent several minutes scrolling and searching for more of some items.  I found none that I sought but trying later I found some of them.  Where were they hiding?

It seems that I may end up paying much more than the cost of the 50K home we have now just to get a smaller house with fewer gardens and trees.  This makes me sad.  The old house I have now is a cottage in Bortola but it has 5 trees!  I love that.  I don't know if I will be able to afford even 2 trees in the new house until I do a lot of work and maybe sell everything I have worked hard to get.  Again, I do know that there are still changes to be made and everything is NOT finished.  This is just a Test...this is just a Test...this is...
    Posted 12 years ago by Brib Annie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm back to the old banjo music on my home street. Ouch, what happened?
    Posted 12 years ago by Minnie Cooper Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Brib Annie - the new houses are free, whereas the old ones cost currants. Expanding and adding patches, etc., costs Imagination and as a level 43, you will have a giant pile of Imagination (enough for hundreds of patches, at least). The cost of your old house will be refunded. So, by my reckoning, you'll be up 50k. How do you figure you'll have to sell everything just to get 2 patches?
  • Brian Annie LOL.
    Posted 12 years ago by daniel5457 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks Stoot!  I forgot about the refund.  I didn't think It would cost that much for 2 patches.  I was thinking of all the decorating and expanding and gardens and patches and whatever else comes up.  But, I am willing to wait and see how it all comes out when it is reset and I really get to work on the house and yard.  I have waited a long time so I do not mind waiting a bit longer for what I hope will make me very happy. 

BTW, I did like my 30K Alakol home but it could have used some of these decorations.
    Posted 12 years ago by Brib Annie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @leelah Are you aware that you can mute the music and keep the other sounds by clicking on the speaker icon at the top right?
    But I'm sure we will be able to select the appropriate music for our house and street before long.
    Posted 12 years ago by Vic Fontaine Subscriber! | Permalink
  • bees - bravo! the new housing is so frigging cool i have to call in sick today...   this game makes me ridiculously happy whether i'm playing or just reading posts. greatest stuff ever.  i <3 u all really hard! 
    Posted 12 years ago by coolbettycakes Subscriber! | Permalink
  • daniel5457 - oops. Nice catch; now fixed. Was using my phone, so: autocorrect.
  • Love it love it love it all <3 <3 <3 Wish I wasn't at work so I could have a proper play! Can't wait to get home tonight and really play, thanks sooo much TS!

One q regarding the end of the housing test - and apologies if I've missed it in this thread - I've had to expand my yard several times to find things that were placed before R2 but as this is 'free' now that hasn't been a problem... If our houses are reset to 'unexpanded' later on, what will happen to the stuff that we've placed at the edges of our huge yards as we'll only be able to expand slowly?
    Posted 12 years ago by bergamot Subscriber! | Permalink
  •  "Are you missing some items? No, you are not"

lolz.
    Posted 12 years ago by Eye Wonder Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15 16